Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just stuff . . .

“Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others.” Ellen DeGeneres

It has been a pretty good two days
of being home. Here are some things that I want to share. I really do still have a longarm and I really do still plan to use it. Here it is with a project for play loaded. It is red silk dupioni.

And here is a picture of my great fabric find at the quilt shop in Wyoming on Thursday. The quilt shop is "off the beaten path" in a small town surrounded by large ranches. It is "The Best Kept Secret Quilt Shop". I rummaged through their sales stuff and ended up with these. There are 7 yards of remnants, 3 fat quarters and 6 fat eighths - all for $23.

I am working hard on a project that includes these blocks along with many more like them. These are 4 inch blocks and I am planning to get all of the blocks finished up this week.

Last night we had our Easter celebration early with Weston and his family. We had a fun supper together and then we did eggs - dipped them in dye and painted them. Here is a picture of Weston working hard.

My love and prayers going
to my son, Roy, in Portland. He is traveling some very tough miles right now on his life journey. I know he is strong and I know he will walk this path with dignity and help from above. Here is an older picture of him with Meagan when they were in Hawaii last summer.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, everything, the silk, the fabric find, and the family.. Love to you and prayers for all... I miss ya lots, give Bob a big HUG for me..... Enjoy your week at home.... Talk soon! Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carol - I still had your blog in my favorites, but didn't know you had started it up again. I enjoyed reading everything I have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am looking forward to getting back home full time and my blogging is kind of mundane, but fun to do. It just seemed like there was nothing to say for a couple months. Now, the end of being away is in site. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a note.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.