Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just another day at the office . . .

I got to thinking about that phrase as I got closer to home tonight. I left Laramie at 6:30 this morning, had 4 meetings with graduate students doing internships in schools along the way. The first one was at 11 a.m. and was about 280 miles from Laramie. The other three were further on in other small towns in northern Wyoming. Each meeting was perfect! I love seeing these young people planning to become principals. I arrived here in Bozeman at 8:30 p.m. after driving a total of 633 miles. Just another day at the office!

I love driving in Wyoming - I travel from Laramie to Casper on a 2 lane road through an area call "Shirley Basin" and there is still a lot of snow in that area. And then from Casper north, I follow Interstate 25 and then onto Interstate 90. The interesting thing is that talking on a cell phone is almost impossible as the cells are few and far between as is everything else including people in that part of Wyoming. Thank you, Ronda, for your good humor when I "hung up on you" repeatedly - and for the song! There is nothing as much fun as hearing "On The Road Again".

Another good thing - I was actually a few minutes early to one appointment and drove through the main street of the small town of Claremont, WY. It is a town of only a few hundred people, but there are lots of ranches in the area. And guess what! There was a magnificent quilt shop. It is about 40 miles off the beaten path and the interstate, but I will make sure to stop again. It is called the "Best Kept Secret Quilt Shop". What a find!

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are blogging again. I love reading about your adventures.

    I hope you get to do some quilting while on spring break!!

    Judy in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy. I am beginning to enjoy it again. It has been an emotional time these past few months. I am looking forward to getting my "Miss Daisy" going again as well.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.