Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Unexpected . . .

It was a busy day - getting boys to school - Bob to PT for his shoulder - stuff at home - pick up new glasses and then pick boys up from school.

'

As I was leaving the doctor's office after picking up my glasses I reached deep into a section of my purse for my keys and there I felt a watch.  It was Mom's.  I had put it in my purse on December 26th, the first night she was in the hospital after the first stroke.  She wanted me to take her watch and her rings so I put them in my purse - in a section that I rarely use.  Then she had the massive stroke and the ring and watch stayed there.

My sister wanted the rings so she took them shortly after Mom passed.  But the watch stayed deep in that pocket and I never thought of it again - until today.  Walking across the parking lot, reaching for my keys in a place they never are - there was Mom's watch.  A visit from Mom - a loving visit.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. Your blog post really touched me. My mom is in a nursing home now, having gone from her apt, to being here with me, then assisted living, now nursing home where she never leaves the building. I've carried her wallet in my purse since 2010, when she came here as I took her to her appointment and shopping and such and throughout the time she was in assisted living. I really don't need to carry her wallet anymore but I still do. Your mom's watch....a sweet hello from her. Oh, God bless you and be well. Margo J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your Mom's journey. These are hard times but I think we can be glad we are here to do the hard work and strong enough to do it. Every day there are reminders - some good - some sad. But I just keep going. I know she knows and helps me when she can. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.