Wednesday, March 18, 2015

It rained and rained - in March

It is very unusual to have lots and lots of rain in March.  It rained almost all night here and we live in "winter mountain country" if you know what I mean.  The grass is starting to green and I have heard tell there are buds on some of the trees.  Way too early.  But we are enjoying the lack of severe cold. We had lots of cold in December and the first week of January and then this amazin. easy, moderate winter here in southwest Montana.  

Art Quilters group today and an errand to do.  Easy day.  Trying to be kinder to myself and have some easy days so I can heal up and get back by creative muchness. 

Here are a couple of pics from the past.  

These are memories from a March visit from my good friend Gail several years ago.  We made purses and this one is mine from then.  I have never used it and I think it was 5 years ago.  


And she made this quilt which I then quilted for her.  It hangs in her home in Denver and it is very pretty there.  It was a nightmare to make as we changed up too many things from a pattern she had and we had lots of issues.  Good memories of lots of laughter and lots of wine - and a few tugs of hair we pulled out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.