Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today . . .

The wonder and excitement of being home is still luscious! One of the things I really enjoyed about my time in Laramie was living in "The Cottage". I liked the fact that my life was simpler because everything was there for a purpose and I was not overwhelmed with "stuff". The other thing I really liked is that I had a wonderful sewing chair for handwork - a chair with an ottoman where I could rest a tray and it was both a foot stool and a table. I have two such chairs here in Bozeman, one in the family room and one in the living room, but neither of them are in my studio - and I need something like that there, but I first need to create a space.

So I have set some goals and listed how I am going to start each.
1. Organize - Thin out and get more organized everywhere in the house - starting with my studio area first because I need to reconnect.
2. Create resting places for my soul - Make my studio a bit more comfy with a good chair and ottoman.
3. Exercise - Walk each day for 30 minutes at least.

And here is my start. The first picture is of the empty shelves and heavy desk I moved yesterday. I had to empty the shelves first, wait for my Bob to help me with the heavy stuff last night, and now today I have to put all of the stuff from the second picture back in those shelves - minus whatever I decide needs to be thinned. Isn't that a mess? What was I thinking? This is just one small corner area and I will share more progress each day. I am heading off for HMQS in Salt Lake City next Wednesday so I have set that as a goal for completion. We will see.

I love books and magazines, but some of those books are not necessary and I am thinking of setting up an account on eBay to do some selling or a couple garage sales this summer. My "stuff" has "stuff" - so this thinning out process is a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.