Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More from the weekend . . .

Starting with another good quote . . .
"You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

One of the shops I visited on Saturday - and again yesterday - is The Bead Shop here in Laramie. I love the Swarovski beads and I found a few to get started and then made an easy pair of earrings. They are gorgeous! You can click the pictures for a closeup. Different from what I thought I would make, but I love them. I went back yesterday to get a finer wire to go through the green teardrop beads and found some others as well. I wear earrings with movement and sparkle every day no matter how dressy the earring or how plain my jeans. It is just who I am. This is a great way to have what I want - just make them!

And to end with more on clearing the contamination from my creative river.
"Respond; that is how to clear the river. To create one must be able to respond. Creativity is the ability to respond to all that goes on around us, to choose from the hundreds of possibilities of thought feeling, action, and reaction that arise within us, and to put these together in a unique response, expression, or message that carries momentum passion, and meaning." Clarissa Pinkola Estés

1 comment:

  1. Love the shiny, love the earrings, love the quote and of course YOU my friend... Ronda

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.