Monday, April 14, 2008

Another magnificent day . . .

We loved our time at the Denver Art Museum yesterday. The outside area of the museum is worth the walking around time and this scupture of the chair and the horse is amazing - the horse is life size to give you an idea of the size of the chair.

The exhibit we went specifically to see is: Gees Bend: The Architecture of the Quilt. It was everything I had hoped for and more. We also enjoyed many of the other exhibits there and one in particular captured my heart. It was the work of George Carlson. Many of his serigraphs were included with lots of his sculpture and it was the last day of the exhibit so it was perfect. I left the museum feeling "over inspired" with the combination of those two exhibits in particular.

I talked with my mom last night and she had a display of some of her antique quilts last week at a gathering in Missoula. She has done a lot of writing and dating of her quilts and has put together a history and story to go along with each.

Gail and I then went to a couple more quilt shops looking for some fabric we could not live without and then on to another wonderful dinner out. I am heading back to Laramie this afternoon for my last stretch of work there. The weekend has been the perfect dessert for a long year of learning - and yearning to be home.

2 comments:

  1. A well deserved trip, can't wait to hear more..... You look so much like your Mom, am glad she had a wonderful showing.. Talk to you soon.... Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a perfect trip! thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.