Monday, November 21, 2011

Crazy day . . .

The roofers are going full force now. They are shoveling off the old shake shingles and getting ready for the new ones. They should be done by the end of next week. Bob came out of one of the "throne rooms" today remembering that there is a skylight in there and they were taking the shingles off on that section. Oh, my - glad it wasn't me!

Then the piano movers came and moved my piano. They are good - and quick. It is now resting on its side in the "round room" in the bedroom part of the house. It will stay there - out of the way - until Wednesday morning.

The carpet layers came next with lots of carpet and pad and got started. The "old guy" bent over with the drill is my Bob adding some screws to the subfloor once they removed the old carpet and pad. He said he thought there was a couple places he wanted to tighten up. Bob built the house himself so he likes to make sure it is tight.

And then I had a great lunch with my good neighbor and friend in town. We had a lively discussion about everything - always good.

Also, I actually got in a bit of studio time.

2 comments:

  1. You will almost have a new house by the time this remodel is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure seems like it - we pinch ourselves just to make sure we are in the right house.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.