Sunday, February 20, 2011

Just because we can . . .

. . . should we?

A friend of mine brought up the "everywhere use" of texting and answering cell phones. It doesn't matter where or what, everyone who uses texting seems to respond regardless of whatever else they are doing or where they are.

I got to thinking about the first time we could use multiple fonts and colors when we used a word processor twenty-five years ago. Often you would see flyers or letters done with every line, or word having a different font, font size and font color. It didn't look so good if you know what I mean. You rarely see it anymore. We would say, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Are there other things in our technology enhanced world today where that guideline fits? Just because I can do it, should I? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.