Saturday, August 8, 2009

Living life is a full time job . . .

So here it is - the first week of August is gone and I am way behind on my blogging as usual. But it is all about living life - sometimes living this wonderful life takes up all of the time so there is no time left to talk about living it.

The photo - just because I think photos are good in blogs - is from an antique quilt that is at the Museum of the Rockies here in Bozeman. It is a wonderful museum if you are ever in the area. It is the premier site for dinosaur exhibits, but they also have a nice antique quilt collection. This particular quilt is one I am going to do a little talk on as part of a seminar our Bozeman Quilt Study Group is doing in a couple weeks. It was created about 1860 in Ohio and came to Montana in the early 1900's and was donated by the family to the musem. It is a "rose cross" applique pattern. We have selected 8 quilts to share that evening as well as having a panel with some local experts to answer questions. It is fun studying and putting this together, but has been quite a bit of work for all of us.

The past week I was planning to go to Denver to take in a quilt shop hop with my good friend from there, but life again intervened and I went to Missoula. Dad took a bad turn, has rallied some, but I am glad I went that way.

We are planning to purchase a motorhome this fall and have been studying and looking at quite a few. Everytime we see something that might work, we go wherever we need to see it. We saw two more last evening, but neither of them were quite right for us - at least not yet. Maybe we will not find what we want, but we decided this morning to wait until our Seattle trip next month where we will have a larger inventory at dealers and private sales for our continued searching. And - life is pretty darn full between now an then so we need to get with living it.

And - the biggest news - my son, Roy, from Portland and our granddaughter, Meagan, are coming on Wednesday of this week for 10 days. It is like a dream come true for us all. It is going to be an amazing time. Meagan wants to do lots of things special while she is here - she wants to be sure to show us how well she can swim, she wants to ride a horse ( we have that covered) and she wants Grandma to make her a new skirt - I can do that even if I have to give up sleeping.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.