Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And then, there is endurance. . .

I found a project that I started 2 years ago. I have lots of projects that "fall off the wagon" on my journey. Sometimes I find them, dust them off, and revisit them. This time I think I might just get this finished. I don't have it sewn together yet and I want to do some applique with the fish (there is more fabric) so they appear to be swimming across the log cabin blocks into the center. About half of the fabric is from old silk ties. I am in love with it again.
Endurance. . .

"I know quite certainly that I myself have not special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas." Albert Einstein

"Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us." Winston Churchill

Sometimes things in my life get to me. You know what I mean. The "things" are different for each of us - and across time are different as well. I thought letting go was the only answer and then I found a door this morning that said "endurance" and I walked through. I am not sure where I will go with this new thinking - maybe I have already been on this path.

I will stay on my journey and know it is right. I will appreciate the turmoil that sometimes makes it seem impossible and be thankful that I am able to walk this path. I have so much for which to be thankful.

2 comments:

  1. your posts never fail to make me "think". thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you - love visiting your blog -

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.