Sunday, October 19, 2008

The weeks fly by . . .

We went to the football game again yesterday and it was 68 degrees with lots of sunshine. Last week we were in a blizzard and this week lots of the fans wore shorts. Only in Montana!

Here are a couple pictures of a small wallhanging I quilted for a friend. She wanted to throw it out, but we decided to give it a shot to see what it would look like after it was quilted. It was her first effort at needle turn applique from a class she took in Hawaii. I think it is nice and the quilting really added a lot. It is for an area in her bathroom and it goes with the color scheme in the bedroom.

I will be more attentive to my blog this week I hope. I am working on lots of projects. Weston is coming to visit on Tuesday and I am heading for Missoula on Friday. I will meet with Dad's doctor to review the meds he is taking. Something has changed this past week and he is not recognizing anyone who visits. Dad is 90 and I want to make sure something has not changed with his meds. I can accept his aging, but not drugging him into a stupor just because he is aging. Nothing is simple in this whole story.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."
--Reinhold Niebuhr

2 comments:

  1. The wall hanging looks nice.

    I hope you get some answers and the doctor will find a solution to ease your father's confusion.

    Is your mother enjoying her new surroundings?
    TeresaL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Hawaiin Mini quilt!
    I'll be praying for our Dad's.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.