Saturday, December 26, 2020

It was a good Christmas time filled with love and thanksgiving . . .

  1. “I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare

1. The maker . . . 

I found this wonderful crochet book in my own library so I am anxious to get started on a few motifs.  Also, I am reviewing a Craftsy class on freeform crochet.  I bought the class several years ago and with the changes in Craftsy now, I have gotten more involved.  Of course, the fact that there are days I don't want to be very active is also a help to have some old classes waiting on Craftsy.  I have just enough energy to try a few things and then it is rest time again.  I will get more strength in the next couple days and I am looking forward to it.  For now, I am enjoying being a comfy chair "vegetable".  


2. The love . . . 

Weston gave us some good creamed honey for Christmas so I tried it this morning.  It was delicious.  I made a piece of gluten free toast, added some of my homemade almond butter with a little of that great honey on the top.  Wow!  It was amazing!  I am looking forward to trying that again - and soon

3. The fight . . .

Chemo was on Tuesday and I changed things up a bit so I did a little better this time, but I am deep in being tired - and I mean really, really tired for a couple more days.  The night and day after chemo, I am really "jacked up" from the steroids.  I needed to come down from that "softly" so I monitored better what I took.  I eased off on the nausea med that is also a steroid and I tried to take better care of water drinking and food intake.  My doctor gave me the idea with the meds part and I do think it helped.  Also, I have found I feel better if I eat very, very light in the evening.  Now, it will get a bit better each day and then it will be chemo time again on the 12th of January.  I am anxious to get back to my studio and some work on my art.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.