Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Holiday Times . . .

 Good memories bring great richness, laughter, longing, and love to these holiday celebrations.

1. The maker . . . 

I continue to be a maker.  Sometimes I make art and sometimes I make granola.   I added a little black strap molasses to this batch along with the oatmeal, craisins, and walnuts.  It is not too bad.  

'
2. The love . . . 

I can remember when I used to think time was flying by but this year has seemed to linger at every moment.  

Here is a great picture that represents one of those wonderful memories of a holiday celebration from years long past.  This is my brother, John and my sister, Stacey.  I am on the right.  John and I were in high school and Stacey was probably about 2 or 3.  It was a long time ago, but such a wonderful memory.


3. The fight . . .

I continue to learn.  I really have to eat smaller portions and more often during the day.  I think my body just doesn't want to take on the work load, in addtion to everything else I am asking of it,  to digest a normal size meal.  And - for me - no refined sugar!  If I eat refined sugar, it makes me down in the dumps as soon as the "high" wears off.  I didn't try very much so I thought it might be ok.  I have known that for years and have stayed clear for the past 3 years.  But for some reason, even a little bit impacts me more now.  

But I can remember what it tastes like so it is like all my other wonderful holiday memories.  I don't have to relive them - some of them I can't.  But I can enjoy the memory.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.