Thursday, December 10, 2020

It is going to be OK . . .

Somedays you just know it is going to be ok.  Today was one of those days.  My "want to do this" list far exceeded my "can do this" list, but that was ok.  It was a gift to know I could at least try.


1. The maker . . . 

I made almond butter in my almost 50 year old food processor.  I have never made it before but it was easy and I found this website that showed the pictures of how the almonds grind and eventually become the creamy butter.  

https://www.notenoughcinnamon.com/make-almond-butter/

I thought you had to add something to make it come together, but the almonds just have everything they need to become "butter".  It is delicious!


2. The love . . . 

And we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset a couple days back.  Just for moments the sky was pink and it made the land and air pink as well - and then it was gone.



And we spent time today decorating our family room for Christmas.  Usually we go all out with several trees.  But this year, we decided to put up just one of the small trees and be more realistic about enjoying it.  We spend our time in this room and this is where we will enjoy the season.  


3. The fight . . .

And the darkness lifted in the middle of day 9 just like after the first infusion.  So I will take it!  It seems like I get these gifts of 11 days now to be thankful and blessed.  And it is Christmas and I love the lights, the music, the love, my family, and my friends.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. You home looks beautiful! You inspire me! Almond butter I barely started gingerbread The dough is still in the fridge! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.