Saturday, May 2, 2015

It is May already . . .

The weather has been more like June but I am still shocked that the first four months of 2015 are past.  I am doing better with getting back to living and feel closeness to Mom that I haven't felt for a while.

I made a little tweak in my thinking that seems to have really helped.  I decided I wanted a job so I would have to get up every morning and go to work - get up and have something that is first on my priority list.  Everything always got done when I worked and now it seems I don't have the motivation that I long for to do my fiber art and keep my house passable.  I really don't want a regular job - I just want to have my day focused and planned as to what I have to do.

Then it hit me!  My fiber art and quilting is my work.   Pretty obvious I know, but it was quite a change for me.   Just put it first on my priority of things I must do each day.  Well this is the first week I am trying it but so far it seems to be helping.  And that feels good!

I have worked on drawing s for a 15 x 15 for each month of the year of 2015.  I just want to capture my emotions as the year passes.  January was gray - flat - no dimension - no texture - sameness.  I have the drawings and this week I did the piecing on this first one.  It feels right.  February is next and I am anxious to get it pieced from my drawing as well.  I am going to try a different process each month to do something I want to do more with.  This was the simplest - curved freeform stitching.  I did redo the bottom half three times before it seemed to reflect what I wanted.

I have also done some quilting and some preparation for a hexie project I want to try.  More on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.