Sunday, November 9, 2008

Home again . . .

How did I ever manage living away most of last year when I was in Laramie? I love getting home. I got back from our week away at Lake Couer d'Alene last night. It was a good visit and we got in some shopping and lots of gabbing, but not much done on projects. Here is a beautiful picture of Lake Couer d'Alene from our resort area taken by one of "the girls". (Never mind that we haven't been "girls" for several decades. When we are together, we are still "girls".

I also hit on some cute clothes for Meagan at the Gymboree sale I ran into at a mall in Spokane. I was just walking by and saw all of the moms with strollers packed in and I just decided it must be too good to pass up. And, it was. I also got some things for Weston and I am thinking they will all be good Christmas gifts, but you know how that goes sometimes. They may end up being November gifts. It was fun to be in the store with all of the young "moms". It was kind of like a party.

We also spent some time at a great quilt shop in the town of Couer d'Alene. I will now be sure to stop for a "break" every time I head to Portland. It is Bear Paw Quilting and the store was packed with fun new projects, unlimited fabric choices and lots of inspiration plus very friendly shoppers and clerks. Sometimes I think those kinds of special experiences happen when you are with the right company and we were all thrilled so that may have been part of our excitement. But, it will be on my "must stop" list for sure the next trip through.

Yesterday as I came home, I stopped in Missoula to visit with my Dad. He is going to be 90 the day after Christmas and we had the best visit - one of those times that will stay with me for the rest of my years. It was a blessing. He is doing so much better now after we made some changes in his medication. I continue to be amazed that we have to be such agressive advocates for quality life when dealing with the distribution of medicine to our beloved elderly. I am heading back that way on Wednesday for a couple days for a longer visit with Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.