Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fast week . . .

I must be a weekly blogger - if reality is any measure.

Last week was the great Art and Stitch retreat in Salt Lake City. Theo and Loes van der Heijden from The Netherlands lead the instruction. They are the creators of Art and Stitch. It was two days packed full of amazing learning and wonderful people. We were at the HandiQuilter Education Center in North Salt Lake City.

I got home on Thursday afternoon. I drove up through West Yellowstone and then up the Gallatin Canyon. This is a picture of the road in front of me as I drove. I took this as I was driving and I can't believe it turned out as well as it did. The sky was just that blue and the road straight as an arrow.

When I got home, the cupboards were all in and the granite guy came out to make templates for cutting the granite. The kitchen is an odd shape and we are not sure the granite I selected will work. There is a large flowing vein through the slabs - we had to buy two. And even with two slabs, they may not be able to match with the necessary seam. So, we are going to go look at the slab with the templates placed tomorrow and then make a decision. Go with it or change to a granite with the same pattern throughout and no flowing veins. We will see.

"It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting."
Elizabeth Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.