Friday, August 12, 2011

Ahh - 'tis Friday

I am not sure why Friday is such a wonderful day. I no longer work outside my home so any day can be the end of my work week - just any old day I decide. But just the word "Friday" carries a lot of good memories, huh?

The cabinets are being installed - it is a long process as the kitchen is not square or rectangular. There are no 90 degree corners as the house is a nine-sided structure with visible support beams the go to the center core. The cabinet installer is very experienced - at least if his years and tools are any measure. He said yesterday that this is the hardest install he has had in many, many years. Bob and I sat on the back porch last evening and thought about that. Bob built the house 40 years ago and he and his dad installed the first cabinets and they didn't think it was so bad. Bob said he guessed ignorance was bliss as those were the first and only cabinets he ever installed.

I came across this quote this morning: Love it!!

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. - Bob Moawad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.