Monday, July 7, 2008

Just some stuff . . .

Here is a picture of Weston and Meagan watching one of their favorite movies. It was taken when Weston was out in Portland visiting last week. It is the first time the "cousins" have met and he was totally mesmerized by her. I think Meagan thought his adoration was a bit much at times. She is 4 and a half and he will be 3 in a couple months. Aren't they just precious?

Today the refrigerator repair man came. Guess what was keeping the freezer door from closing tightly - yup - that little orange "1" plastic magnet that Weston has on the refrigerator. Wouldn't you think we would have noticed that? Well, the circulating motor is fried and it is a "one of a kind". Here is the interesting part - the refrigerator is an Amana and is about 8 years old. Amana was bought out by Maytag and Maytag was then absorbed by Whirlpool. The motor was made by GE. So, you never really know what you are getting, huh? But it will take a week to 10 days to get the motor in as it is one of those "I have never seen this before" kind of things.

Here are a couple pics of a pretty patriotic themed flower pot on our kitchen patio and the "old stove". Every year we say - we are going to haul this old thing away in the fall and it is really heavy - and every year it is still here so I put flowers in pots on it and in it to try to cover it up and then I actually like it. It has been there for 14 years and I think this is "really" the last year as it is starting to "dissolve" from rust. The pink wave petunias were left over from some other planting and I think they will fall down over the top more. If so, I will take a picture at the end of the summer. Our summer here is just getting started.

I am working on the QOV quilt - didn't like the fabric choices I made so I had to put them on the design wall and talk myself into continuing. They are not as nice as the EQ6 plan, but it will be okay - it will even be better when it is done. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Of course I am going to have to find a border fabric so that means a trip to town in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Carol - my 4-1/2 granddaughter and 3 year grandson are about the same, except they are brother and sister and together all the time!! They are such fun though.

    My DH Scott had his hip replaced last year and did great. I'll say a prayer that Bob's will go as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your Bob today. I hope the surgery and his recuperation goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.