Sunday, July 6, 2008

Getting started . . .

Today was to be a full day in my studio. And then life happened. . .

We awoke to a refrigerator that was not working this morning and it is the one in the kitchen. We also have one in the garage for "overflow". I think the freezer door was not closed tight all night as we had lots of folks here and made margaritas so the ice drawer was in and out a lot and obviously not as "in" as it should have been to get the door closed properly when we went to bed. Bob is a great "trouble shooter" and has diagnosed the problem and will get it fixed and/or order the part tomorrow, but it was most of the day of emptying it out - had lots of food as we are having more company tonight. Fortunately the one in the garage could take up the extra. It is now off, every shelf and drawer totally cleaned, doors propped open and waiting until it gets a new little circulating fan. It is one way to get a clean refrigerator!

But, I did get started on my first project. I am making a QOV and I want to "design" it in EQ6, piece it on my new Pfaff CV, and then quilt it with my IQ and make an embroidered label back on the CV. Well it is not original, but here is my first effort, I did a "Warm Wishes" using fabric from the fabric library similar to what I will use, printed it out and am feeling pretty "puffed up" even though I know it is a very simple first use. I will post updates as I work through this first integrated project and keep learning.

Our 4th of July has been fun - lots of folks coming and going and we even got in a little road trip through some country "off the beaten path". Bob is having hip replacement surgery this coming Friday so our weekends will be pretty "low and slow" for a while following that.

"Nobody says you must laugh, but a sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unleasant, cope with the unexpected, and smile through the day" Ann Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.