Thursday, May 29, 2008

What have I been doing? . . .


That is what I would like to know as well! I have been home a week tomorrow and it seems like just hours have passed.


The first few days I visited my own blog to remember and love every moment of our Portland trip. It was so good to spend lots of time with Roy and Meagan. Here is one more picture of our last night there that was still on the camera this morning. Sometimes the delayed photos are the best.

Weston is going to come spend a few hours each week with me while Rainy works for a new designer. Rainy has her own business here working with interior designers and architects. She and a partner also have another business doing staging for home sales. Weston was out yesterday after Rainy and I visited a Montessori pre-school for consideration for him in the fall of 2009. You have to get your name on lists now days it seems. He and I had a great time looking for a tractor with peddles. We finally found one at the John Deere dealer. More tractor pics later as Bob also got a new tractor - a new lawn tractor. With the continued rain, our lawn is going to need to be bailed.

And, I have been spending every free moment learning and learning some more with my new Pfaff CV. I love this machine and I haven't even gotten to the embroidery part yet. I am loading software, reading, playing, learning, and in total awe of what it can do. Obviously I have not kept up with what new sewing machines can do and this just "knocks my socks off". I don't have the embroidery unit on yet and that is what is in the large case on the right. I am a Mac person, and my Mac can run Windows, but I do have an older Dell so I am dedicating it to be my EQ6 (I am enjoying my EQ6 classon Quilt University) and embroidery computer. I will probably have to add more memory (to me and the computer). My "Miss Daisy" is feeling abandoned. Today I will try some embroidery and also give Miss Daisy a little exercise.

The studio reorganization project is kind of stalled with everything else I want to do. It is wonderful to be home. And in closing - a familiar prayer that I woke to this morning and I need these words now . . .
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.