Tuesday, December 25, 2007

How did that all happen . . .

. . . so quickly? Monday noon we left Bozeman in a blizzard headed out to Missoula which is about 200 miles west. The snow ended about 30 miles out and the trip to Missoula was good. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve with my parents, my sister and her family as well as Bob's sister and her family.
Then this morning (Christmas morning) we got up early and started out on the long drive to Portland, OR. The roads were good and there was a lot of snow as we got close to Lookout Pass on the Montana/Idaho border. Here are a couple pics at the rest stop just before you go over the pass which is also the Continental Divide.

We were about 80 miles east of Portland and we hit quite a snow storm again in The Gorge on the Columbia River. We arrived here fine and had a wonderful evening with Roy, Allison and Meagan. Meagan will be 4 next month. Here are a couple pictures of her with some of her new dolls and a bit of chocolate on her sweet face. The rice bags I made that you heat in the microwave can be seen here on Allison while Roy is busy shopping online to spend part of his Christmas gift on a new "road bike" he is building. It was a long two days, but so worth it! It was glorious to get here and the hugs were priceless!

On Thursday, we need to go to Seattle for the day to share in love and memories at a memorial service for Bob's long time friend who recently died from early onset Alzheimers. Then just a couple more days with our loved ones here and we will head back to Montana stopping for a day in Spokane for a visit with long time friends.

I hope to get to see my good friend, Ronda while I am here. One thing for sure, I want to wish her the best for her coming surgery on Thursday. I know it will help end the pain in her shoulder.

I hope everyone had a safe and loving Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures of the snow and of that precious little girl, Carol. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. If you see Ronda, give her a gentle hug from me. Although I'm just down the pike, I'm not allowed to drive very far just yet. Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda, for the note. I am so glad you are feeling better. I will be back in the spring. Let's plan a couple days for a "longarm" gathering for all of us - you, Ronda, myself. others?. I think it will be mid-June - guess that is summer, huh? Our son Roy is graduating (after several years of going parttime) from PSU. I want to stay over for few days afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to see you also... Glad you are here safe and sound... Enjoy your family...

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.