Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Busy Day in Portland . . .

We had about 35 hours in the day and all of them were fun. We started with some good "Barbie" shopping for Meagan and following that we had a great lunch at the Claimjumper. We then spent almost half an hour trying to get out of the parking lot.

Allison and Meagan went to an annual traditional family gathering for Allison's family and Roy, Bob and I went down to the Portland Art Museum and enjoyed a wonderful journey through the art of Chuck Close. We should have shopped less - or ate less - because we all agreed that a couple more hours there would have really been good.

Then we started out towards a "highly recommended" place for a light supper and a great dessert and I ran into a wonderful yarn shop that was still open so we had to stop there for just a short visit. Then, when we got to our supper place, there was a bead shop right next door and so I had to do another short visit. The lady there had to show me some things and then I had to buy some things as I want to make some "dangly" earrings. It was a really great day and now we are heading for bed so we can get an early start tomorrow morning for Seattle.

More tomorrow night . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.