Wednesday, December 19, 2007

An attitude of gratitude . . .

I woke very early this morning feeling so grateful. Sometimes it just overwhelms me. I decided to list five for today.

1. Thank you to Peggy, Patricia, Ronda and Ann for being so willing to share your work and yourselves on this blog. It has been wonderful fun for me and I am blessed to have such talented people in my world.

2. Thank you Weston for spending time with Grandma. I love your smile and your head on my shoulder when you hug.

3. Thank you Bob for being my very special friend and partner.

4. Thank you for this wonderful season to share love and happiness with family and friends as I celebrate Jesus' birth.

5. Thank you for my love of learning.

Now - how about a quick five from you? It is so easy and it feels great!

3 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to sometimes leave posts here. One of my favorite bloggers sent me a note with her "5" so I wanted to post it here so others can enjoy . . .

    Hi carol,

    I tried posting to your blog but was unsuccessful! i'm sure it's me. but i wanted you to know my 5 anyway! thanks to for the wonderful interviews! i've really enjoyed every one of them.

    gosh....just 5 huh?

    1. my family. each and every one of them. for what they bring to my life and who they help me to be.

    2. my home. amid all the imperfections and things i'd like to update, it's warm and cozy and filled with love.

    3. my machines. my longarm, my embroidery, my sewing, my computer and even my vacuum although that gets used much less than the others!

    4. my bathtub. filled with bubbles it's one of my favorite spots in the world. to read, to plan, to reflect, rejuice and relax. and get clean too!

    5. books-all of 'em!

    kayp
    check out my blog!
    www.myolivebranch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Carol!

    Here are mine:

    1. I'm thankful to God for allowing our family to be whole for so many years.
    2. I'm thankful for our Mikey who arrived in my arms at 2 1/2 months old and made me wonder what I was getting into at age 46.
    3. I'm thankful for my DH for allowing me to quit my job to stay home.
    4. I'm thankful for all of the wonderful quilters who have been so willing to share their knowledge with those of us starting out.
    5. I'm thankful to my DH for being so supportive of my passions and for being so patient with my obsessions.

    Merry Christmas everyone!

    Judy in MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1...Family
    2...Health (where is it)
    3...Friends who make me laugh and pick me up when I am down
    4...Quilting
    5...The sunshine

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.