Wednesday, January 20, 2021

This is a day of hope!

For there is always light, if only we’re brave enough to see it.
If only we’re brave enough to be it.     Amanda Gorman


1. The maker . . . 

I have continued with a 100 Day Creative group so I am doing a little stitching when I can.  If I am busy, I just skip it that day but I am enjoying the process knowing I have flexibility depending on how things are going.  


This is a great book for me.  It shows how to do lots of different stitches and I have lots to learn. 

I did get the hand stitching completed on this triptych.  I will now, at some time, finish the edges and mount it on a canvas.  I hope to be able to rejoin the Artists Gallery this spring or summer and I want to have more small pieces ready for display.  This will finish at about 9 x 12.  


I wanted to start a larger project inspired by the book above so I did some practice on a smaller piece.  This may bloom into something of its own or it may remain just a place to practice.  

And then I started with this piece.  It is a piece of sun printing that I did last summer and I will enjoy lots of experimenting with it as I move forward.  


2. The love . . . 

I continue to rely so much on the love of my Bob.  I am so thankful he is my partner.  


3. The fight . . .

With each infusion, I find new levels of tiredness and nausea.  I have the tools to manage it and I just keep trying to move forward.  I have different reactions each time.  Just when I think I know what to expect, it changes.  But, that is the reason, every hour of every day, that I am so thankful to have my Bob.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.