Wednesday, April 22, 2015

ups and downs . . .

It seems like two steps forward, one step back, one step forward, two steps back - and all without music.  It is a strange dance.  Some good days and some not so good.  It seems to just be the way it goes - from those who know.  And then I hear from others who know that it is different in every situation and for everyone.  Who knows?

So I have been doing a little sewing, a little quilting, a little visiting and a little crying.  Some planned and some not.   But, I have been able to get 2 days together  - in a row - without anxiety attacks and all that goes with it.  And I have done that several times this month.

I have always believe that the journey is the reward.  But these past few months I have wondered why we have to take the journey at all.  That little bit of darkness is leaving and I can start to anticipate - and enjoy - the journey.

Tomorrow we are going to head to Fort Benton - town where I was born.  I lived on a farm about 25 miles away until I was 12 and go back once in a while.  We have friends who are looking for some information on a grandfather buried in the cemetery there but there is no marker.   I know something about that cemetery - go most every year - and all family is buried there.  Our friends wanted us to help them and go along.  So we are doing that.

My 70th birthday is Sunday and Bob and I were talking about going somewhere for an overnight. We are celebrating with family on Sunday.  But we thought it would be good for to just have a little get away.  We never even thought about Fort Benton but that is how it has worked out.  And we will be staying at the old, beautifully refurbished "Grand Union Hotel".  I think it is going to be a fun trip. And I know Mom and Dad will be with me in love and spirit.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.