Friday, April 10, 2015

Throwing down the hot coals. . .

Today was a sunshine day.

I woke at 4:30 and got up soon after feeling full of energy.  I knew what I had to do.  I had to make things work for me in relation to my sons and some kind of dollars from my parents estate even though nothing formal was written for them.  Made the decision - load lifted - clouds parted - well as soon as the sun came up anyway.  And - as soon as the bank opened, I did what I needed to do.  It was the right thing.

Then I came across the following quote:
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."  Buddha
So I quickly sat down with some black card stock and cut out lots of coal shaped pieces.  I then wrote on each of a dozen or so the things for which I am angry regarding Mom's passing and some other related events from the past few years.  I read each one out loud and threw it on the floor.  I did that several times in different parts of the house.  It was amazing.


Today is also Sibling Day so I found this old - maybe 1959 - photo of my brother John and I with our then baby sister, Stacey.  It is a fun picture and I am glad I found it to celebrate my love for my siblings. 



Throwing down the hot coals was a great move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.