Monday, December 5, 2011

Off to Arizona . . .

Not me - but my mom. She flew out mid-day today to spend a couple months with my sister in Chandler. I know she will enjoy the much warmer weather and the family fun. I am hoping she might stay until the end of February when her great-granddaughter gets married, but she wasn't sure she wanted to be gone that long.

I took her out to the airport here and she went through security like a trooper. She had checked a bag and was carrying on her laptop, overnight bag and her purse.

Mom is 90 and moved over here from Missoula last summer. She had been living in a senior living facility with her own apartment. She wanted to live on her own again and so she bought a nice condo here. I think she is liking it okay, but I know the trip to AZ will be a treat for her. My sister is driving her and her granddaughter (sister's daughter) to Disney Land for a few days later in the week. They will have a good time.

She has good genes - hope I have inherited them.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title I thought, wait a minute, that's too early, I want to go too. Good for your Mom--cherish the fact she is so independent. I have a friend who is struggling with an elderly Mom and living arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.