Saturday, July 10, 2010

What a wonderful visit . . .

Friends . . .
Years ago - well years and years ago - I was a young divorced mother living in Helena and teaching 4th grade. One of the other young teachers and I became good friends for the three years we were there together. Then we both left our teaching positions there and headed off to different universities to go back to school and get our masters degrees. I came here to Bozeman with my two young sons and she headed off to Greeley, CO. From there, our life paths went in different directions and we have not stayed in touch. She was back in Montana for a visit this week and came yesterday for a long day and an overnight long visit. We picked up right where we left off all of those years ago. It was just a magical time and one I loved so very much. It was a perfect hug of friendship. Just being around her and her vitality turned back all of those years and I am feeling 30 this morning. I will bask in this.

And now . . .
She left early and I now have the whole day to myself in the studio. We worked hard this week to get the house duties caught up, washing caught up, yard work caught up, and hail damaged appraised and one vehicle fixed already. So, I am off to my studio this morning. I want to finish a vintage quilt redo that has been on my radar screen way too long. Pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.