Monday, September 28, 2009

Cooler weather coming . . .

It feels like fall is officially heading this way. Our summer was unusually cool through July and then we had a marvelous August and September, but it feels like fall is heading this way quickly - wind and cooler temps.

I went to a "Breakfast Club" at one of our local quilt shops on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I love the classroom - it is the second story of an old barn, but is all redone and is so bright and quilter friendly. You go in the morning and they serve breakfast, demo the project (all strip friendly) and you can either use the strips prepared to align with the sample or go shopping for your own. I went shopping for my own. And then you get to sew as long as you want. I made these placemats - well I finished them here at home last night and have to quilt them after I get done with some customer quilts. Yes, I am doing a few customer quilts again and enjoying it. I am even surprised at that.

I also wanted to share these pics of my "new to me" dishes. Mom had this set for 12 and she wanted me to have them. I have tons of dishes - everyday dishes and 2 sets of good dishes. So, these stayed boxed until last week when I decided I needed to look at them and either pass them on or use them. I think I will pass on some of my other dishes - I really like these. They look like quilting.

We haven't set a definite date yet to head back toward Spokane to pick up our motorhome. It won't be this week for sure. Bob will be working at the business for Stan on Thursday and Friday while he is at meetings for an architecture conference here and I will be enjoying being "Granny Nanny" with Weston while Rainy and Walker are heading out of state for a wedding. It will be a fun couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.