Monday, March 14, 2022

Still working on my weekly challenge . . .

March is filled with fun stuff . . . 

This is the third week of my challenge to myself to publish a weekly blog update through the month of March.  

This young deer has been enjoying our back yard every morning and again in the evening. 

Spring Break . . . 

This week is Spring Break for the public school and the university here. Our older grandson, Weston, is a sophomore and he is working but we have made a date with him for lunch and a good long visit  The younger grandson, Walker, has a full schedule with friends but we are hoping he can squeeze us in for a fun meal and a little shopping.

Good TV watching ahead . . . 

The Montana State University Bobcats basketball teams, men and women, both won their Big Sky Tournaments over the weekend.  We will enjoy watching them in the NCAA Tournament. In addition to our local favorites, we have several college teams we enjoy so Bob will be several games tand I will be getting lots of hand stitching time.  

Quilting with my A1 Quilting Machine and my Intelliquilter . . .

In August this past summer, I had my A1 quilting machine upgraded.  It has always been a wonderful machine and now it is AMAZING with a new motor, new wiring, a new tablet. new technology system, new stitch regulator, new lights and some additional upgraded parts.  Of course that then required that my Intelliquilter (robot) be reinstalled and with the COVID numbers high again through the fall and early winter it was tough to get an installer. In November, Bob and I rolled up our sleeves and with the guidance of the company we were able to do it ourselves.  

I haven't worked on it at all since we completed it.  So this past week I have reacquainted myself - again.  I am practicing and loading a couple donation quilts.  I will enjoy it again.



I haven't done a quilt for a "customer" for several years so I am practicing to select a good pattern and a good size.  This first quilt is queen size and some of my practice is shown in the picture below.




Plans for this coming week . . . 

I want to get this big donation quilt completed - my part anyway.  I want to get it back to the person who created the top so she can do the binding. 

I want to get more done on my "Walk" quilt and more hand stitching on the smaller moon studies.  

See you next week . . . 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.