Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Staying with it . . .

Showing up - again. . . 

This is Tuesday, but my intentions have been good.  

It is such a difficult time in the world that it is easy for me to get side-tracked.  My heart and love are with the innocent people in Ukraine - everyone there - all victims of the greed and need for power at any cost.  

I woke early, early this morning and realized I had not posted my "Monday post" that I committed to doing each week in March. But, I am here doing just that. My studio work has been hard this past week.  I came to my studio each day, but my heart and thoughts were somewhere else.  So I would just "show up" and do a "little something".  

Work from studies this past week . . . 

I keep working on my "moon studies".  I am taking a great class from Rosalie Dace - "Over the Moon".  It is online and offered through The Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon.  I really enjoy her teaching style of kindness, knowledge and inspiration. I am trying to get my chemo brain activated again and this class is a great way to do just that.. 

At first I thought I wanted to make a wall quilt with the phases of the moon.  But I couldn't stay focused on that idea.  So I decided to do "studies" of different approaches to capturing the moon from my heart.  

This one started from just painting across wet white cotton.  After it dried I added a bit more paint, fused on the little moon, and I will do some hand stitching to focus the scene a bit better.


These three are moons on fabrics I painted this past few weeks and I want to try some different ways to accent with thread - maybe hand stitching and maybe machine stitching.  I am not sure yet, but I will share as I do more with these. 

These three studies are moons on backgrounds - one is fused, one is appliquéd and one is painted.  I started with the fused moon below and have added some stitching.  I will work on this one this week to get it finished.  Below are the first few stitches.  I want to finish one each week along with my other work.  The hand stitching is so relaxing for me in the evenings.


And then . . . 

We had a little birthday party for my Bob on March 3rd. It was a fun gathering to help me remember all the good things that bring me endless love and happiness. It was wonderful to gather with family and feel the joy from laughter with shared memories and dreams.  

See you next week . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.