Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Now to clean up the studio . . .

I have worked off and on for the past 10 days to complete a challenge piece for our local art quilt group.  I turned it in today.  There are a few issues, but it is done.  I learned a lot.  I never give enough time for this kind of project and with the holidays and some early January commitments,  it was no different this time.

The title of the challenge was "Gone Downtown" and it could be anything related to whatever we thought when we heard that.  In Bozeman, every summer, there are beautiful big baskets of tiny petunias hanging from every lamp post on main street and that it was I always think of so this is what I did.  I would do lots of things differently if I were to do it again, but I did like the flower basket.

There had to be a 2 inch wide entry of the gray fabric on the left someplace and a two inch wide exit of that same fabric someplace on the right.   Then they hang them all together in a line staggered so one gray exit lines up with the next gray entry. Most others did not think of Bozeman, but rather childhood memories or vacation times.  So they are all different which will be nice.  It should be interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.