Monday, October 11, 2010

My "muchness" is flirting with a return . . .

Each day for the past couple weeks I have noticed some subtle changes. Things seem more interesting - more colorful - more fun. And, I feel more certain, spicier, and have a bit more of my old courage. I think I am getting my "muchness" back. I wonder why it went away.

I spent some time reorganizing my desk. I cleaned out several file drawers in the office part of my studio and threw away a ton of stuff I have held on to for way too long and just generally did some thinning out. It was kind of fun to go through the files from my past life, enjoy the memories and toss it out without a hint of remorse. I have more to do, but it is lighter.

I also found a good free pattern for making mittens from recycled felted wool. Here is the pattern. So - I got the pattern ready and got my felted wood ready from my endless stash of recycled wool sweaters. I am going to use this little vest I found some years ago - it is already felted, pressed and ready to go. My friend, Gail, in Denver had a pair that she had been given - she said they are so warm. Hers were lined with recycled cashmere sweater, but this pattern shows using fleece and that is what I am going to use. I will try to get them done in the morning. . . supposed to only take 30 minutes.

We are supposed to get a freeze tonight and it is the first one so far this fall. So I wanted to bring my geraniums in and I decided I had best go dig them up and get them into some pots this afternoon. I have never done this before, but I have 4 geraniums this year in my outside pots that I just love and they have bloomed and bloomed all summer so I am going to try it. Then when I got done with mine, I went over to my good friend (neighbor) and dug up some of hers as well. We both bought the same ones last spring and have raved about them all summer. She and her hubby are back in Indiana doing some family ancestry research and won't be back for another 10 days so I told her I would do it for her as well. Anyone have good luck with keeping geraniums blooming all winter and then putting them back out in the late spring?

And tonight while I was watching "Dancing With The Stars" I got in some good design work with my new EQ7. It was a really good day. But, I am not sure if I ever combed my hair all day. It was not important. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Never tried to get them to bloom all winter but a friend down the road does--she has a sunrooom attached to her house that is very sunny and warm. Good luck! Mine froze last night.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.