Sunday, March 28, 2010

never too old to learn a thing or two . . .

My 6 year old granddaughter, Meagan, is here visiting. Her 4 and a half year old cousin, my grandson, Weston, who lives here in Bozeman, came to play Friday afternoon and spend the night. I was amazed to watch and learn. Meagan started in telling him just exactly what to do and how to do it. Weston looks at her, doesn't say a word, and goes about his business doing what he wants when he wants. When the going got particularly tough for him, he went in Grandpa's office where there is a TV, shut the door, pulled Grandpa's office chair up close, volume low, and watched whatever he wanted. When I peeked in, he looked at me with that look that said, "Please believe me, I am trying."

It must be born in us. We sure start early to keep our men in line. It is no wonder "our men", whether they be husbands, brothers or cousins, survive our need to "manage" their lives. And, just a little note here, smart women never use this skill on boyfriends or lovers - only when we have them hooked or they are captured by being related. It is no wonder they escape to hunt, ski, fish, work on cars and even enjoy hearing loss rather than get a hearing aid. I am still smiling as I realize how I am - only rarely of course. I am going to try to change a little, but it won't be easy. It is part of being female. We are amazing creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.