Thursday, January 3, 2008

The New Year . . .

I always love the beginning of each year. It is like spring and with each beginning I always know that all hopes and dreams are possible. This year started out tough with the loss of the child (at 27) of a close friend, my own child's "best friend" at 42, my sister's best friend, and my Bob's best friend. My heart aches as we mourn and remember.

So, what about my hopes and dreams for this New Year? My first resolution is to say "thank you" out loud and often! Here is a picture we took on New Year's Day when we celebrated our Christmas with our "kids" here in Bozeman. We were all away celebrating Christmas in Colorado and Oregon and decided to wait until we were all back together. This is my Bob with Weston and Stan. They were enjoying one of Weston's new toys. Weston is going to come visit his "Grandma" tomorrow. It will be a good day!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry for your losses. somedays it is hard to say thank you and i appreciate your gentle reminder to do so. :) kayp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. However we have a loved one leave us, whether expected or not, it is a sadness that certainly causes me to search my soul and rethink my own list of what is truly important. That is the light that will guide me this new year.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped to chat.