Wednesday, April 6, 2022

April is here . . .

I love April!  I always have loved April. In Montana it is not "really" spring but I know it is not too far away.  The snow that can still come is so appreciated in this dry country and I know the cold, cold weather won't last for 3 or 4 months.  It is also too early to do any planting but I can get ready.  It is also my birthday month.  As long as I can remember, I have loved April.  

The past week has been dark - inside.  It started a little over a week ago.  It was like a long slow sticky slide into a dark place.  And then, as sticky slides can be, little things appear and the slide gets stickier in places.  So Sunday came along and I knew what I needed to do.  I just started to climb back up that sticky slide by realizing I could clean and organize - re-organize - straighten - revisit projects envisioned - time in my studio without deadlines or shoulds.  I could talk to family and laugh about things having nothing to do with the sticky stuff.  I could move on.  I am not sure why it worked, but the shades slowly went up and the darkness parted. 

And - the sandhill cranes have returned.  

Did I say how much I love April.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped to chat.